Found in 200 acres of rolling hills, green space and just 30 mins south of London, Birch (Selsdon) is a hotel according to nature. It really is less a hotel and more a playground. Giving you a break from city stresses, a shortcut to happiness, and moments that make you go ooh, ahh and hmm.
We’re caretakers of over 200 acres of nature. What was once a golf course is now one of London’s rewilding projects. This will give a big boost to biodiversity and nature, and we hope will be a catalyst for community conversations and action.
Each bedroom celebrates craft and nature, with bespoke artwork and wardrobes that are more like sculptures. Features we’re particularly proud of include a carbon-negative light cork floor, recycled linen curtains, wall lights encased in hand-blown recycled glass, and furniture made with wood from our grounds.
Two restaurants and three bars await. Menus for both our signature restaurant, Elodie, and our all-day dining affair Vervain, will be opened by Michelin-starred chef, Lee Westcott. Known to the public from appearances on Masterchef, Great British Menu and Saturday Kitchen and for his leadership of Pensons and Typing Room, his next venture will take cues from the estate’s major rewilding project, using the surrounding 200 acres. Every 1 of our 200 acres is used to grow our own food and sustain livestock for our kitchen.
Pause, think, create, celebrate, or savour at Birch with our regular events, workshops, masterclasses, and beyond.
– With 181 bedrooms to play with, Birch (Selsdon) has a mix of styles ans sizes for all tastes
– Our restaurants bring farm to fork and a seasonal British ethos to menus
– Sweat, stretch or swim at the Lido, or Wellness space (which has a gym, yoga and spin studios, and treatment rooms)
– Birchlings – our dedicated kids club for those who want to go wild
– Birch (Selsdon) boasts a pottery studio and screen-printing workshop to get creative in
– Work from Birch – bring your laptop, grab a coffee and tick off the to-dos in our co-working space.
126 Addington Rd,